"Resolved to Possess the Land!"
Everyone knows that each New Year is a time to make "resolutions;" vows of how we say we will improve, remove (some things), diet, exercise, be nice, forgive, play fair, make needed changes that are meant to enhance the quality of daily living!
Everyone knows that most resolutions are broken by January 2nd or soon, thereafter, never to be mentioned again, until, perhaps, the next New Year shows it's face again, 365 days later!
We, as God-fearers, are called to a higher standard! Consider these glorious words, Deuteronomy 6: 5-7, "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. 6 “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up."
The Bible is teaching that our "first love" and allegiance is to God, that it's a heart issue and that the precepts of His Word are to be taught and modeled to our children and all future generations, in all postures of life and godliness!
This admonition is revisited in Matthew 22: 37-39, in slightly different words, "37 Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’"
So, what are we resolved to do in 2012? Will we make another empty resolution to change some unlovely aspect of our personality, some unpleasant behavior, some unkept vow or should we grab a hold of God's truths and walk faithfully in them and enjoy the fruitfulness of our uncompromising obedience?
I am resolved that I cannot, in my own strength, in my eloquence or lack of, in my degrees and education, convince anyone that God's Word is complete, true, Divinely inspired by an Immutable, Unchanging, Loving and Caring God! But what I can do, is make a choice to be an example of His love, His faithfulness, His instruction and His provision, to all generations that put their trust in Him! I can be an "ambassador," a representative, as a disciple of Christ, a continual learner, a conduit of healing and a hand of hope to a world that is wilting and a people that are yearning to know that there is a True God who loves them and is readily available, day and night!
Joshua 1: 11 has echoed in my ears for years! It says, "“Pass through the camp and command the people, saying, ‘Prepare provisions for yourselves, for within three days you will cross over this Jordan, to go in to possess the land which the LORD your God is giving you to possess.’” God told the Israelites earlier in Exodus 3:8a, "So I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up from that land to a good and large land, to a land flowing with milk and honey..."
But you say, "There are giants in the land!" (Numbers 13:33) And God says, "The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace." Exodus 14: 14.
As we gather in our camps, as we walk with our dear Lord, let us prepare provisions, for within 3 days, we will cross over the Jordan and we will go in and possess the land! We are in the 3rd day, the 3rd millenium since the ascension of Jesus! (2 Peter 3: 8, " But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."
(Propheticaly, two 1000 year reigns have passed and we are now in "day 3!")
Joshua 1: 11b, "...to go in to possess the land which the LORD your God is giving you to possess.’” After the perils of this new millenium, I don't know about you, but I'm ready for some "milk and honey!"
U r loved,
Pastor Lorraine D. Coconato
The Nazarite Call By Pastor Todd Coconato
These last couple of months I have spent much time in prayer, God has really been speaking to my heart on many things and I felt led today to pass along the words He has spoken, as I feel it pertains not only to this Generation, but also to the greater body of Christ. Who am I you ask? I am nameless, just a vessel that has said to the Lord, “send me, ill go”. (Isaiah 6) I simply want the Lord to be glorified in this and feel it is His voice speaking to the Church of Jesus Christ.
I believe there is a “calling” that is being echoed throughout the land. We have seen in the last many years that the situation in our nation and world is in desperate need of the true body of Christ to rise up like never before! The moral breakdown of society has reached a level that we can honestly say it is not unlike the days of Sodom and Gomorrah. The bible tells us that this is a sign that we are in the last days. We are a chosen generation! God is calling us to experience the fullness of the inheritance promised in Acts 2. The call, is for us as believers is to live in purity, in holiness and to receive all of what God is intending for His people in accordance to His will. That is what I like to believe is the call of a Nazarite.
Why walk in purity and holiness? Because we are representing the truth to the lost of this world. We must be the real deal. Our actions speak so much louder than our words! We are also called to speak of the real hope, that is found only in Jesus Christ! Everyone that lives, has a void in their heart, that can only be filled by Him. It means a lot to call our self a Christian, yet how many of us have taken this label so seriously that we literally say it with fear and trembling? There is great responsibility and trust that is given to us as believers. This generation of Christians have been given more reach and more resource than ever before in the history of the world. Think about it! To much is given, much is required.
This calling to walk in purity simply means taking control of our lives, our walks and not allowing any areas of sin to impede the work the Lord is wanting to do. I am hearing God telling me that He is wanting His church to be without spot nor wrinkle. What does that mean? It means He is wanting us to truly desire all that He has for us. To be desperate for Him. He is calling us to become a body that yearns to live in purity and walk in holiness, not as a chore, but as a desire of our heart. I believe that there will be some, who reject this call, in feeling that it may be too extreme. But we have to listen to and apply the entirety of how the word of God instructs us to live. God has shown me that due to the fact that we have become in many aspects “seeker friendly” in the body of Christ, that many will be fearful of calling the multitudes to take this type of vow in concern for losing membership. But I am not afraid, for I know that those who are meant to hear will have ears to hear. There is an element of sacrifice in entering into this type of commitment level, but I believe that there is also an unexplainable level of freedom that cannot be accomplished or reached until we understand and fully grasp what God is requiring of us as followers of the Jesus Christ. Christians, its time to rise up!! We will not be the Church of Laodicea!
You see, I came from the world and when I was seeking to know who God is, I wasn't looking for something that looked like the world, I was looking for “raw gospel”, I wanted to know the truth! I wanted to see someone who was real! Someone bold enough to tell me how it is…That is what I believe people want to see! They have been lied to by the world, and we have the truth! It’s really not about fancy light shows or perfect sounding worship, although that is nice, that won't get us to His Glory or to true revival. It’s about a people that hunger and thirst for the righteousness of a Holy God! We need to humble ourselves in the sight of the Lord! That is how we will receive God’s favor! Now I am the first to admit that I have made many mistakes in my life, but I believe that when you take a vow like this, it also holds you accountable going forward. You can't change the past, but you can disalpine yourself to walk in true repentance going forward and not make the same mistakes again.
Here in Los Angeles, California, we have felt on our hearts more than ever the calling to pray for and earnestly seek the Lord for revival. We feel it is coming. What does revival mean? It means “new life” not only in the church body, but also in our own hearts. It will start in those who are truly humble and seeking the heart of God. As I started digging deep in prayer and in the Spirit, I began to see much vision. Almost like a road or path of how to get to this place. The concepts the Lord spoke were simple, and actually may seem to be “no brainers” to us as Christians. But what He also has shown me is that many of us including myself, have missed the depth that was available in each of these words.
I will list what I have gotten so far below regarding the path to how revival will come:
1. Prayer: It is time for us all to take time to pray as a people, and to make it a priority and focus of our lives. I believe our days need to literally be shaped around our prayer time. Also, in that time to take that prayer to a deeper level than ever before. This means daily communication with the Father and listening to what He is saying-The bible says clearly “my sheep hear my voice”. (John 10:27) It’s not about us praying for what we want, but instead praying in accordance to His will. That is where the freedom is. (Matt 18:20) Through the initiation of the 24-hour house of prayer movement and also praying that ALL churches will catch the vision of what God is doing with the HOP. This is not a denomination, there is not one church that should claim this, this is not about Christian celebrity or about platforming ourselves. We must not be fearful of losing our people or worry about each event or gathering having everything have to take place in our church. This is about being nameless/faceless before the Lord, being unified, recognizing like in Isaiah 6, the “holiness” of the living God and how we are vile before Him, but only through His blood, are so privileged to enter into the Holy of Holies. God will hear our prayers and will heal our land as we obey this call.
2. Humility. The people who say “I am humble” must be the first to consider what this word really means. There is so much depth in it, I could write a book on it easily. (2 Chron 7:14) God is calling His people to really understand what it means to be “humble”. We have to be cautious of “the alter of Baal”. (Judges 6:28) We as a people of made idols of many things, including money, fame, etc.. God is a jealous God. We must rid ourselves of idolatry in the body of Christ! It’s all about Jesus! Point to Him in all that we do. (Philippians 1:21) We cannot preach a gospel of prosperity, as when we look at the life of the Apostle Paul, we see what it really looks like to be a servant of God. God will raise up those who are humble. (Psalm 25) Seek to understand what it means to be humble. God will continue to give knowledge, revelation and understanding of this freedom. It will take you to a whole other place in your walk and will initiate true change in the body of Christ. Many have been hurt do to our pride.
3. Hunger and Thirst for Righteousness. (Matt 5) What does it mean to “hunger and thirst for His righteousness”? It’s not like a hunger of missing a meal, no! It’s a hunger like you haven't eaten anything in 40 days!! And it’s not like the thirst you have when you just got done running. NO! It’s a thirst that you are so dehydrated that you are literally about to be put on an IV! This is the type of hunger that God wants His church to have!! A true desire to live in righteousness. Look at what the scripture says in Matthew 6:33; “Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and then all these things will be added unto you!!” We must must must first seek to be righteous in all of our ways!! To HUNGER AND to THIRST for the His righteousness!!! The God of the universe!!
4. Leaven: Going back to the scripture in Galatians chapter 5, we as a church must purge the elements of leaven from our hearts. Allow the refiners fire to change our hearts. This means it’s not OK for us to let areas of sin into our lives anymore. This is why the world mocks us!! They see the areas of compromise. What do I mean by this? I mean the areas division, accusations, gossip, thinking we are “cool”, having doubt, lying, manipulating, speaking words of death and operating in any areas that are not the fruits of the Spirit. (Galatians 5:22) We must also not operate as though we are better than anyone else, aspire to be a “Christian celebrity”, have pride or talk down to those in society such as those who don’t agree with us. We as a church must embrace, with Christ’s love, everyone and all that are in the world to love on them and show them Jesus Christ and the freedom and truth we walk in. Our doors are open for those who want to hear the truth of the gospel. Our language is the language of God and His love! We must also chose our words carefully, be slow to speak and speak LIFE over each situation. No more negativity!
5. Unity. We as a body, must learn to operate in unity. Share resources, not try and build our own kingdoms, but yield back all of the resources that God has given us and give them back to Him. Everything is His, not ours. We are meant to simply glorify Him. When we stop worrying about these things and strive for unification, God will multiply as we have not buried any of the talents that He has given us. If we as a body operate in unity, the walls will come down! Amen!
This is all I have gotten so far. Now as I said earlier, there will be those who think what I am saying is extreme. Please know I am only doing what God has told me to do. I am not judging, condemning or coming against any brothers or sisters who do not agree with me. I just simply felt that I was meant to deliver this word. I am just a smo. I have no statements to say that I feel anyone is less holy than me, is any less saved or that I am any better than anyone else. I simply have a heart for revival and to see the body of Christ unified, and operating in the fullness of what God has intended for us.
This year, 2011, is a significant year. God has spoken to me that this is a year or restoration, transition and new life!! I am standing on the word that He has given me, that THIS YEAR will be an accelerated year in the Kingdom Of God. Things are going to happen fast and the will be a great outpouring in the land in a short season. (Acts chapter 2). We are standing on the promise of God. (Romans 4:20).
I truly love you all and ask that you would please take this to the Lord and ask Him for His will and to also see my heart in this exhortation.
May the Lord bless you greatly indeed,
March 22, 2011
Beloved Ones: Considering all the current "prophecies" about California, may we find answers in God's infallible word:
1 Kings 18: 21, "And Elijah came to all the people, and said, 'How long will you falter between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow Him; but if Baal, follow him.' But the people answered him not a word."
God has called His church, His called-out ones, to be the "Elijah" of this generation! We are a voice to the world, a representation of His remnant of followers who will not cower, fear or recoil, when faced with adversity and warfare. Elijah had his time of trembling before man, as I believe we, the people of God have had, but, it is now a time, such as this, "And now you say, 'Go, tell your master,' "Elijah is here..." 1 Kings 18: 14a.
As the prophet Elijah stood before the governmental authorities of his day, so must we STAND before the "authorities of our day," tall, fortified, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord! Matthew 10: 18, "You will be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles."
Prophecies will come and prophecies will go! Some are from Him, the Omnipotent Holy One of Israel, and will come to pass; some are from man's heart and will fall to the ground!
We are told, "For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows. Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My names sake. and then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. But he who endures to the end shall be saved." Matthew 24: 7-13.
Since we have been warned of these things, should we be fearful or surprised? Do we pack our things and move to Montana (for illustration only, no bad intention toward Montana!) and think that this will resolve the issues and challenges before us?
In the midst of the rubble, the cleansing, the purging, the "holy renovation" of His House, His people and His creation, will usher in the Second Coming of Messiah Jesus; mercy will be dispensed to all who trust in and stand for the Name of our Living Savior!
The Spirit of the Lord says, "...Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9b
How long will we falter between two opinions?
"...But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more." Romans 5: 20b. This is the comfort and encouragement of our Redeemer, Christ the Lord.
U r loved, Pastor Lorraine Coconato